Monday, July 16, 2007

Reef... R.I.P.

Today is a very sad day... I am so upset that I am having trouble focusing on the smallest of tasks... I can't smile... And the spring in my step--well it's gone! long gone.

Last night, my reef's died!

Every present day sailor knows how important a fine sandal is... I've had my present reef's for 3 years. We've been around the world together, multiple times, and they have never let me down.

I knew my reef's were in a grave situation, but I couldn't stomach the idea of a mercy kill (purchasing a new pair). Lately, they have smelled like death, and they were breaking down at a rapid rate.

No matter how much I prepared for this moment... I still feel devestated... I loved my reefs.

(Definitely open for donations of a new set if anyone reads this blog who works for that wonderful sandal company!! Size 10 us..)

2 comments:

scarrgo said...

Uncle Red Headed been meaning to tell you about that smell.
xoxo Marla

Wedding Planner said...

........do they have to have the bottle opener on the bottom?? If not, might be able to get you into a semi-used, foul smellin' pair after the man falls asleep tonight.....go to the alley behind Bo's and look under the lilac bush.......happy to give the old pair a proper burial if you want to contract my services........HA!

 
Locations of visitors to this page