Monday, June 11, 2007

Ridgetop Farms.


So, it's one of the warmest days of the summer so-far... We've been working our butts off trying to get this move done, and luckily to say were almost there. So what does a guy do after a stressful hot day?


He goes hay-bailing....


Two people that I love dearly have a farm on one of the most beautiful ridgetops in Leelanau County... For those of you not familiar with Leelanau County, do a quick google of it and experience it's beauty.


I've been bailing hay with Bill for a couple of years now... Back in the day that I had my sportscar, Bill made me a deal that in return for my work bailing hay, that he would give me this old blue minivan... I agreed...


I think that by now my due is paid up on the minivan, but I like going out to bail hay.. Sure, it's messy and hot and makes my skin itch... But there is some family ritual to it.


You see, Bill and Betsy are family to me.. In fact, I would say that everyone who know's Bill and Betsy feel the same way...


So, althought it's been a stressful, long, day... I'm bringing Newport to the farm and am going to spend some time with the fam. No better way to relax.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page